Silverado EV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just saw my first Rivian SUVs today. Good looking rig. Virtually indistingushable from their truck that was parked next to it from the front, just closed in the bed in the back. Almost stopped to ask how long the wait would be if I placed an order today. Maybe next time I walk by.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T, Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
125 Posts
Just saw my first Rivian SUVs today. Good looking rig. Virtually indistingushable from their truck that was parked next to it from the front, just closed in the bed in the back. Almost stopped to ask how long the wait would be if I placed an order today. Maybe next time I walk by.
You would most likely be looking at 2024 at the earliest. They are adding additional configurations in 2024 as well (dual motor vs quad, and smaller base battery). If it is something you are interested in, it doesn't hurt to get a deposit on as many vehicles as possible. They are all fully refundable, and at least you have a place in line.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That long? The Showroom usually has 50+ rigs on the lot. (they received six more as I was walking past on Friday). Surprising that customers would wait that long to pick up a vehicle they had been waiting for over a year to receive once it was actually available to drive home.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That long? The Showroom usually has 50+ rigs on the lot. (they received six more as I was walking past on Friday). Surprising that customers would wait that long to pick up a vehicle they had been waiting for over a year to receive once it was actually available to drive home.

I don't think you can walk in and buy those Rivian's on the lot. They've been releasing the builds to the folks on the waitlist and letting them pick.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD, 2022 Rivian R1T
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't think you can walk in and buy those Rivian's on the lot. They've been releasing the builds to the folks on the waitlist and letting them pick.
You are correct!

Rivian is only able to build 15-18k this year. They have 90k+ reservations. If you want a Rivian before 2024 then buy a used one.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts