Silverado EV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
I don't have to explain you a thing as I am not the owner of the site. LOL! Like I posted, contact VerticalScope and ask them. While waiting for them to respond, stay away from threads discussing anything other than EV Silverado. Problem solved.
This entire site is devoted to the Silverado EV! So then there should be only comments about the Silverado EV based on what you want me to do!

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Right so I’ve never had a car die in the middle of the road, you have had three, all GM… I’ve never owned a GM that wasn’t truck based because it’s a known quantity that can be fixed, despite the reliable motor, in all honestly they suffer from a lot of GM BS, including the Cadillac. Maybe it’s all the brake lines I just replaced that were made out of the worlds crappiest metal, or all the hard rattling plastic, but I’ve never got a sense of quality or a sense the corporation gives a damn. Love the motor and midgate.

So… here we are with peoples hummer EVs breaking down in the middle of the road. The Silverado EV will easily be my most expensive vehicle I’m considering buying and I’m sort of wishing Toyota made a prime truck with a midgate. Let’s wait and see how it goes.

I’ve got no blind faith to GM, in fact I would consider buying the Silverado EV to be extremely risky. Then again those that seem to have blind faith in GM also hate the direction the new CEO is taking the company so maybe that’s a good sign.

· Registered
87 Posts
Right so I’ve never had a car die in the middle of the road, you have had three, all GM… I’ve never owned a GM that wasn’t truck based because it’s a known quantity that can be fixed, despite the reliable motor, in all honestly they suffer from a lot of GM BS, including the Cadillac. Maybe it’s all the brake lines I just replaced that were made out of the worlds crappiest metal, or all the hard rattling plastic, but I’ve never got a sense of quality or a sense the corporation gives a damn. Love the motor and midgate.

So… here we are with peoples hummer EVs breaking down in the middle of the road. The Silverado EV will easily be my most expensive vehicle I’m considering buying and I’m sort of wishing Toyota made a prime truck with a midgate. Let’s wait and see how it goes.

I’ve got no blind faith to GM, in fact I would consider buying the Silverado EV to be extremely risky. Then again those that seem to have blind faith in GM also hate the direction the new CEO is taking the company so maybe that’s a good sign.
So don't buy a GM vehicle, I am not here to convince people to buy one. I just don't understand why people buy different types of cars and trucks. The smart thing would be is to pick a manufacturer and stick with that decision. You call it blind faith and act like that's a insult, it's actually a badge of honor. This indecisiveness on purchases is something I will never understand.

· Registered
279 Posts

I am willing to give GM a chance but like you I tend to gravitate to Toyota and if they had a EV truck in the works I would get in line.

I am taking a pretty big risk with my Rivian which is why I continue to hedge my bets.

I don’t really believe in brand loyalty either. I buy what fits my budget and suits my needs.

· Registered
87 Posts
I am willing to give GM a chance but like you I tend to gravitate to Toyota and if they had a EV truck in the works I would get in line.

I am taking a pretty big risk with my Rivian which is why I continue to hedge my bets.

I don’t really believe in brand loyalty either. I buy what fits my budget and suits my needs.
I believe in brand loyalty and Don't understand why most people are not brand loyal

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I’m starting to understand you Brian, I’ve got sympathy for you. You are some sort of masochist, 3 times your GM left you stranded in the middle of the road and you didn’t think to try a Nissan or Toyota, not even a Ford. So really it’s people like you who are to blame for GM going from the worlds largest automaker to the worst in like 10 years. It blows my mind that people put up with that crap for so long. I think it’s perfectly normal for people to have felt screwed over by GM or Ford at the time and try a Japanese vehicle. At least today the Japanese cars are made by Americans in America, my Cadillac was built in Mexico.

I really hope things have changed at GM for the better, no thanks to you.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

I’ve had great luck with Toyota and Nissan, really I liked my Nissan truck more. The GMT800 is a decent truck, I sure hope GM can’t get away with the crap they did. We shall see about reliability but it does seem Rivian spared no expense, really hits above the price point, hard to believe it’s making them any money. Interior is incredible and a lot of thought went into the design.

· Registered
87 Posts
I’m starting to understand you Brian, I’ve got sympathy for you. You are some sort of masochist, 3 times your GM left you stranded in the middle of the road and you didn’t think to try a Nissan or Toyota, not even a Ford. So really it’s people like you who are to blame for GM going from the worlds largest automaker to the worst in like 10 years. It blows my mind that people put up with that crap for so long. I think it’s perfectly normal for people to have felt screwed over by GM or Ford at the time and try a Japanese vehicle. At least today the Japanese cars are made by Americans in America, my Cadillac was built in Mexico.

I don't need or want your sympathy, I made my choice to be a loyal owner of Chevy and therefore GM when I was five years old. It's a commitment that I made to myself, which is sad that people today don't have a loyal bone in their body. As for other manufacturers you are insane to think that GM is the only manufacturer that has had problems with their products. The other manufacturers have just as many problems, I used to work at a automotive service center and we had broke Fords, Hondas, Toyotas everyday. As for my struggles threw the years, I've had more problems then just those three times. I've been driving for 35 years so things are going to break. The difference between me and most people is that I don't run from my problems. I would rather fix my vehicle made by GM then ever step foot in another dealership. Most people today don't have that kind of dedication, which I find pathetic. You being one of those kinds of people that keep searching for something better is sad. As for me I see a bright future with GM and many decades of having GM cars and trucks in my garage. I just wish there was a real GM forum made up of real loyal GM faithful to have real discussion about GM vehicles without having to listen to some guy talk a Nissan they want to buy.

Just my two cents, I do enjoy talking to you even though we don't see things eye to eye! Have a nice day.

· Registered
279 Posts

I see you have the Toyota RAV Prime. How do you like it?

It was a serious contender but unfortunately it is not available in my neck of the woods.

We just sold our 2007 Prius. We purchased it new and was a great car. Not a single issue.

I just read that Ford raised the price of the Lightning again. Inflation will drive up the price of the Silverado EV.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The prime is awesome, really the best car we could have gotten for my wife. I don’t have a single complaint about it, including the infotainment everyone seems to hate. We put down a deposit summer of 2020 and got a fully loaded 21 model. We regularly get 50 miles per charge at 3.4 miles per kWh and I’m able to keep it charged almost entirely with the solar. A little bit of a cruel trick that we don’t get the full acceleration till the gas kicks in, but that ends up being when we hit the highway to the otherside and actually need the passing power so it’s fun to give it the beans when it’s burning gas too. In the future I could see replacing it with something like a Tahoe EV, but for now there’s nothing else that really competes and our charging infrastructure sucks. I think the Ram EV will be competitive and Jeep switching to EV can only help their reliability. 😂 I think I would prefer the Bronco EV over the Jeep.

· Registered
279 Posts
The prime is awesome, really the best car we could have gotten for my wife. I don’t have a single complaint about it, including the infotainment everyone seems to hate. We put down a deposit summer of 2020 and got a fully loaded 21 model. We regularly get 50 miles per charge at 3.4 miles per kWh and I’m able to keep it charged almost entirely with the solar. A little bit of a cruel trick that we don’t get the full acceleration till the gas kicks in, but that ends up being when we hit the highway to the otherside and actually need the passing power so it’s fun to give it the beans when it’s burning gas too. In the future I could see replacing it with something like a Tahoe EV, but for now there’s nothing else that really competes and our charging infrastructure sucks. I think the Ram EV will be competitive and Jeep switching to EV can only help their reliability. 😂 I think I would prefer the Bronco EV over the Jeep.
A Bronco EV would be attractive.

The EV Evolution is finally gaining momentum!!

Folks have all kinds of opinions about Musk but he did kick the door open for EV adoption.

· Registered
91 Posts
Explain to me why people talk about other makes of cars and trucks on a Silverado EV Forum?

This should be reserved for talk about Silverado EV discussion. Tell me I am wrong. And if you think I am Explain why.
Well...the title of the thread pretty much says it all here. "talk about other electric vehicles owned or buying" Silverado EV is likely a different type of vehicle than what the target market typically drives. It makes sense to discuss EV's in general so that potential buyers can better evaluate their choice.

· Registered
198 Posts
Safelite screwed up my windshield…
GM really screwed up with the hype so early. So little info other then prices going up that the bots have more to talk about.

Yeah, GM's problem is Ford and Rivian actually have product out there right now... so GM has to sell promises to keep up.

The positive momentum of the Lyriq is basically dead... they just can't scale up and deliver that thing. And the Hummer EV got buzz, but is such low volume it isn't moving things forward at the pace GM needs to stay relevant.

· Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, GM's problem is Ford and Rivian actually have product out there right now... so GM has to sell promises to keep up.

The positive momentum of the Lyriq is basically dead... they just can't scale up and deliver that thing. And the Hummer EV got buzz, but is such low volume it isn't moving things forward at the pace GM needs to stay relevant.
What are you talking about, GM has plenty of EV'S on the market. The trucks will come

41 - 60 of 74 Posts