Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From what little we know will the Silverado EV have a rail system for Rooftop tents and storage?

I use my R1T for camping and I assume that the Silverado EV, although bigger is quite capable for light off roading to get to campsites.

· Registered
144 Posts
We don't even know prices for these things and you are already thinking about available accessories? :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. Sorry..., couldn't help. I'm sure some of the overland accessory companies are looking into it and maybe even working with GM to make that stuff available.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't even know prices for these things and you are already thinking about available accessories? :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding. Sorry..., couldn't help. I'm sure some of the overland accessory companies are looking into it and maybe even working with GM to make that stuff available.
My apology as I should have been more clear. My R1T has built in bed and roof rack attachments as well as racks. My query was whether the Silverado EV has something planned as opposed to having to wait for 3rd party racks.

I plan on doing a fair amount of camping and wonder if GM plans the Silverado EV as strictly a street vehicle.

· Registered
144 Posts
I don't think there's been a whole lot available from GM for ICE trucks. Maybe that'll change with the EV. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Or maybe somebody here has insider info already. Let's see.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the midgate, I'd prefer a bed tent that let's me use the climate control. Along with a "camp mode"
I am also considering a bed tent, they are certainly cheaper than roof top tents. My R1T has camp mode that also levels the truck. It is a very handy feature.

I will probably go with the Roofnest Meadowlark but still deciding. I am thinking that IF I did get a Silverado EV I may end up with a truck bed tent.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I purchased the Roofnest Meadowlark for my R1T as I don’t expect a WT3 or 4 until late 2024 and don’t want to miss camping in 2023 and 2024.

I am pretty sure the Silverado EV can go off road but is not intended for that and is on the large size for some of the camp site roads.

· Registered
Rivian R1T, Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
146 Posts
I purchased the Roofnest Meadowlark for my R1T as I don’t expect a WT3 or 4 until late 2024 and don’t want to miss camping in 2023 and 2024.

I am pretty sure the Silverado EV can go off road but is not intended for that and is on the large size for some of the camp site roads.
How do you like it? I have been considering a Condor XL for my R1T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts