Silverado EV Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
At LJ? Do you have that in writing? They dodged the question when I asked after placing my reservation in January.
Yeah I had a quick chat with my dealer and they're of the "it's a free market" mentality. So they said they can't commit to pricing other than to remind me the Silverado and Sierra reservation says final pricing is set by the dealer.

So if we're in a recession, they're going to price lower than MSRP... and if we're still banging away with massive inflation they're definitely adding ADM hah.

You know what I hate about dealers who use this "free market" mentality... is then if you go to the dealership during a recession and play absolute hard-ball to get a good deal they think you're being an a-hole customer. Like they can't have it both ways... slapping massive ADM saying it's their right. Or up-sizing people into cars that max out their DTI (causing lots of defaults/repos and ruined credit). Then these same dealers complain customers suck when the customers haggle too hard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I had a quick chat with my dealer and they're of the "it's a free market" mentality. So they said they can't commit to pricing other than to remind me the Silverado and Sierra reservation says final pricing is set by the dealer.

So if we're in a recession, they're going to price lower than MSRP... and if we're still banging away with massive inflation they're definitely adding ADM hah.

You know what I hate about dealers who use this "free market" mentality... is then if you go to the dealership during a recession and play absolute hard-ball to get a good deal they think you're being an a-hole customer. Like they can't have it both ways... slapping massive ADM saying it's their right. Or up-sizing people into cars that max out their DTI (causing lots of defaults/repos and ruined credit). Then these same dealers complain customers suck when the customers haggle too hard.
Solution is dead simple. Bye Felicia.

For my Lighting reservation, I hit three different dealerships in different towns before I got a guarantee of MSRP. It was harder for the Silverado, I found a dealership two cities away. With my Denali EV reservation my local Cadillac GMC dealer guaranteed MSRP right off the bat. I know them, have purchased Cadillacs from them before, so this was not a surprise.

You, the customer are in control; if you wish to use that power. Find a dealer that will sell for MSRP, and reward them with your business. Rip-off dealers can only survive if people are ignorant and buy from them anyway.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD, 2022 Rivian R1T
167 Posts
Solution is dead simple. Bye Felicia.

For my Lighting reservation, I hit three different dealerships in different towns before I got a guarantee of MSRP. It was harder for the Silverado, I found a dealership two cities away. With my Denali EV reservation my local Cadillac GMC dealer guaranteed MSRP right off the bat. I know them, have purchased Cadillacs from them before, so this was not a surprise.

You, the customer are in control; if you wish to use that power. Find a dealer that will sell for MSRP, and reward them with your business. Rip-off dealers can only survive if people are ignorant and buy from them anyway.
I agree. Folks that pay ADM are the enablers for greedy dealers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree. Folks that pay ADM are the enablers for greedy dealers.
Lol you'll like this article.

IMO, the same thing occurs with PS5 scalpers and Ticketmaster (limited quantity of known goods). First degree price discrimination allows transactions to be priced at what an individual will pay. Those with less price sensitivity will get the goods and those without funds will be left behind. So ADM is just the dealer's way to get the maximum profit for a very limited car.

I just hate the double standard that when I go into a dealership to haggle a new car during an economic downturn, those same dealers that defend ADM tell me I'm being an a-hole haggling so hard. I've been called blow-hard, jerk, out-of-touch, etc. But I get a deal done and the sales folks hate my guts. It shouldn't be a double standard, the same folks that slap ADM shouldn't feel so bad when a customer flips the script and first degree price discriminates back lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It shouldn't be a double standard, the same folks that slap ADM shouldn't feel so bad when a customer flips the script and first degree price discriminates back lol.
This. Times eleventybillion! (y)

ADM will be there for as long as there are people who are willing to pay it. So, forever, since there will always be people who must have the latest iteration of what ever is new, regardless whether it costs MSRP or MSRP + ADM. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Xman
41 - 48 of 48 Posts