Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Cajun Red Bolt, '19 Shock Bolt
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the introduction of the Sierra Denali today, I looked back to the Silverado website and noticed that the power estimates seem to have changed from the original figures. That's a 90HP bump from the original number. (y)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did the same thing to check to see if things had changed and noticed the new HP number. Another thing I checked was clicking on the "Reserve Now" link to see if any new information was available and noticed a different color RST besides the usual blue one. Is this new and I just never noticed it before? I know the screen has changed since day one reservations started.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
223 Posts
That one has the unpainted trim. Maybe a mid level spec? But it’s got the crazy big wheels. Maybe some configuration mash up. I sure wish we could get some more trim and feature specifications like their other announced EV models.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD, 2022 Rivian R1T
164 Posts
Maybe GM changed electric motors that have more HP but slightly less range.

So much can change between now and when they actually start rolling off the assembly line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good catch, didn’t notice that.
The Chief Engineer - same one on both Silverado and Sierra, said 400+ in an interview (the TFL walkaround) <shrug>. Anyhow they probably locked the spec down to 400mi, but if its anything like the Bolt it will get + miles if you’re just a little careful. But I’m closely following the towing and hauling as it all comes down to that - by my calculations I believe the 400(+) range will be adequate for my towing needs.

So towing is fine on these vehicles, the problem is the hauling capacity. I’ve got a 800lb tongue weight, plus a couple people and you’re hitting the limit. No capacity for bringing stuff in the truck. Which I don’t quite get - the Hummer weighs 1k more but carries almost 1500 lbs. Different width, suspension, I know … I just hope they release an option for 1500-1800 payload (beefed suspension or whatever)

·
Registered
39 Posts
That one has the unpainted trim. Maybe a mid level spec? But it’s got the crazy big wheels. Maybe some configuration mash up. I sure wish we could get some more trim and feature specifications like their other announced EV models.
I wouldn't mind being to able to configure something like that making it a bit more affordable. But it does look good in that picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts