Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the navigation will automatically add charging stops and durations as required to complete a trip? Something like how the Mach E and Tesla do? Thanks…

·
Registered
'18 Cajun Red Bolt, '19 Shock Bolt
56 Posts
It's a feature in the Hummer EV's infotainment system so I'd be surprised if it's not in the Silverado's as well.

View attachment 494
That’s pretty simple google maps directions, and is prompted by input from the driver. I think Altomike and I are looking for integration that will show chargers on the chosen route, add or suggest one en-route, and then precondition the battery for the fastest charge possible once you stop. Tesla has a great system, but it’s also easier for them to keep track of their own network of chargers.

·
Registered
Volt, Suburban, ID.4
98 Posts
I would assume it will. If not you can always use ABRP (A Better Route Planner) with CarPlay or Android Auto to get a better experience than most navigation systems. The Silverado isn't on there yet, but it probably will be added in beta shortly so you can use that as a baseline for determining if the Silverado will have the range you need. You can even play around with weights, and temperatures to see how they will effect your trips.

·
Registered
Volt, Suburban, ID.4
98 Posts
Chevrolet hasn't shown us any details like that on the Silverado EV. But as @GMGuy said, if the Hummer EV has it, chances are the Silverado EV will as well.
There was just a Hummer press drive event. I'm sure we will see more details shortly. I did see TFL showed that if you are navigating to a fast charger it will condition the battery for the best charging speeds when you get there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts