Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course nobody knows, but I just placed a reservation and the general reservation landing page shows this
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Magenta

What do they have now, 160k reservations? There was that study that appears to show high phantom orders, OTOH the sample size was pretty small. Any other intel?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A GM exec mentioned in a interview recently (sorry I don’t have a link offhand) that GM was unveiling something called an ‘e-price’ I think - or something like that. Anyhow a system where you can get a quote on your vehicle on the internet that will be the actual price you pay when you get it at the dealership. If true and it works seems like a good approach as it will have dealer markup built in, and prevent gouging. Ford has talked about it being a problem but it seems like they don’t have anything in place.

GM does have a program in place already like this called the supplier discount. My company - which leases tons of GM cars worldwide - then gets an incentive that we employees can buy a GM car at GM or dealer employee cost. I used it once - went to a dealership, mentioned the program and gave them my number, the sales guy said “OK I’ve never seen one of these before” but came out with the secret book and showed me the actual cost of the vehicle and said “if you want it that’s your price”.

Anyhow would be great if it isn’t vaporware. The big 3 know these predatory practices are hurting their brand and they do want to stop it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, my reservation was updated to 2025 as well since I checked a few weeks ago. I have my starter EV, a 2023 Bolt, on order.
Congratulations! You’ll love it, I’ve been driving one of the first ones made for the last five years, it’s a treat.

Well if you guys are getting those updates, since I reserved so late maybe I should be planning on 2025. I wonder if they’ll shut down reservations like they just did for the Hummer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts