Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1973 D4, 1978 Ford 2000, 1969 John Deere 4020, 2008 John Deere 2610, Cessna 172, super Air Natique
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the F150 Lightning Forum: The Ford Lightning will only offer these products / services / features as an add on thru Fords’ accessory store and / or a third party. Does anyone have insight on the Silverado?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
40 Posts
At this time there is no built in Dash Cam option, it was asked during a scheduled vehicle walk around a while back. Though they said something about it being looked into IIRC.

·
Registered
1973 D4, 1978 Ford 2000, 1969 John Deere 4020, 2008 John Deere 2610, Cessna 172, super Air Natique
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this time there is no built in Dash Cam option, it was asked during a scheduled vehicle walk around a while back. Though they said something about it being looked into IIRC.
How many cameras are native to the truck? Will those cameras provide 360 view? What about surveillance or sentry modes? (Teslas had those for some time)
Not familiar with IIRC? Is that a software or hardware delivery term similar to agile development sprints or scrums?

·
Registered
2019, Chevy, Volt, Voltech with 7.2 kW optional Charger
40 Posts
How many cameras are native to the truck? Will those cameras provide 360 view? What about surveillance or sentry modes? (Teslas had those for some time)
Not familiar with IIRC? Is that a software or hardware delivery term similar to agile development sprints or scrums?
All of GM's upper level vehicles have 360 cameras and IIRC is shorthand for "If I recall correctly."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My ‘20 Ford Superduty Limited does not have undercarriage either, and it doesn’t do dashcam or surveillance or sentry or…. It does have 8 cameras IIRC and 360 mode in reverse. I’m asking here because the Ford Product Team is not creating those capabilities native to the Lightening (or other high end vehicles), what about the Silverado EV. All I have learned is the high end GM vehicles have cameras. Great. I’m not a Tesla owner, fan or troll, never even sat in one but I understand Tesla has offered those features for years. My stance as a buyer is I should not have to add 3 more cameras (my trailer pullers have front, extended remote rear and interior)and stuff wires above the headliner, thru the firewall… on a $100k vehicle when the truck already has 8 plus a retracting spray washer on one of them. These should be native products off the line. For goodness sakes this is 2022! John Deere is making autonomous tractors! I’d appreciate additional info on the Silverado EV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent! I’ll be looking forward to Chevrolet providing this info as they spec out the trim levels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm. I guess I only assumed that camera views = cameras. So I guess I don’t really know. Sorry.
Also I looked again and footnote 4 states “Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation.”
I really hope they give us more info on trims and specifications soon. I really want to know if this truck is for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmm. I guess I only assumed that camera views = cameras. So I guess I don’t really know. Sorry.
Also I looked again and footnote 4 states “Some camera views require available accessory camera and installation.”
I really hope they give us more info on trims and specifications soon. I really want to know if this truck is for me.
That is most likely referring to the optional trailer mounted camera

·
Registered
2021 Silverado LTZ, 2017 Chevrolet SS,
6 Posts
Regarding cameras versus camera views. I have a 2021 Silverado LTZ with six cameras. It has at least eight possible view options without adding the trailer cameras so I think 14 camera views doesn’t mean it will have 14 cameras.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts