Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved here from MA recently. Came up here with a Model X, but the service model, and lack of locations, ended up being brutal any time something went wrong. Now I'm in an F-150 Hybrid. I have reservations in for a Rivian R1S (SUV) and the Silverado. I'm only going to buy one of them, and at this point, from what I know of the 2, it'll be the Silverado. Rivian has disappointed everyone so far with the max charging speed. For a battery that big, it'll be a dealbreaker on long trips.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome @BZZZZT_Maine!
Are you also interested in the f-150 Lightning? Over half of everyone that submitted their order here is:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @BZZZZT_Maine!
Are you also interested in the f-150 Lightning? Over half of everyone that submitted their order here is:
Not really. I've had Teslas in the past, and 150kW peak charging speed on a battery over 100kWh is a deal-breaker for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @BZZZZT_Maine! How are you enjoying the F-150 PowerBoost as you wait for the Silverado?
So far, so good. We did a little "snowbirding" this year, so I've been in VA for the last month. When the weather is above 50, you CAN hit the EPA mpg (24mpg) for the 4WD Hybrid. Best I was getting in Maine is 22mpg.

Other than that, the cab is a good size. back bench seats fold, allowing access to a flat floor space. the bed is useful. I got the solid tonneau (manual rollup), so no complaints there. I also have the generator package with the 7.2kW output. Works ok so far. Looking forward to the 9.6kW in the Chevy, so I won't have to pick and choose "critical" circuits.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So far, so good. We did a little "snowbirding" this year, so I've been in VA for the last month. When the weather is above 50, you CAN hit the EPA mpg (24mpg) for the 4WD Hybrid. Best I was getting in Maine is 22mpg.

Other than that, the cab is a good size. back bench seats fold, allowing access to a flat floor space. the bed is useful. I got the solid tonneau (manual rollup), so no complaints there. I also have the generator package with the 7.2kW output. Works ok so far. Looking forward to the 9.6kW in the Chevy, so I won't have to pick and choose "critical" circuits.
Nice! Any other benefits you see to owning the Silverado EV over the F-150 Lightning EV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! Any other benefits you see to owning the Silverado EV over the F-150 Lightning EV?
Faster charging speed on trips, more range, more generator capability. I'm guessing blue Cruise and super cruise are pretty similar. I do like Ford's pro trailer assist. Would be nice if Chevy has it. Andi like the workspace/step up tailgate on the Ford and hope Chevy has something similar.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Faster charging speed on trips, more range, more generator capability. I'm guessing blue Cruise and super cruise are pretty similar. I do like Ford's pro trailer assist. Would be nice if Chevy has it. Andi like the workspace/step up tailgate on the Ford and hope Chevy has something similar.
Range is a big one for me, especially with living where extreme weather conditions will impact your real-world range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts