Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Andrew from SE Colorado here. I recently moved to Granada, Colorado from Houston, which is a big change. There are currently no decent charging stations between Amarillo (4 hours away) and other parts of Colorado (at least 2.5 hours away), but I'm committed to getting a Silverado EV in 2025.

I rented a Tesla Model Y last year and while I was interested in EVs before that, it really made my mind up for me. It was a great experience, even having to stop and Supercharge on my road trip was fun. The Silverado promises 400 miles of range, which is my threshold for minimum range, as well as fast DC charging for my road trips. With the charging infrastructure coming around I think 2025 is the right time.

I used to be a GM-only kind of guy, even my used cars were all GM. That changed in 2016 when I bought my first Ford, a new F150 with the 2.7L EcoBoost. It was a fantastic truck, but I got into trouble financially and traded it for a 2018 Hyundai Sonata SE that was super cheap to lease. I really liked that little Sonata, but I was again able to get back into a truck in 2019 so I sold out the Sonata lease and got me a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. My first "Chrysler" product impressed me, especially the interior, so when used truck values started ballooning in 2020 I ordered my dream truck, another Ram, but this time a Longhorn EcoDiesel with 4WD, the off-road group and air suspension. This truck raised my expectations for what I wanted in my vehicles going forward. Unfortunately, after a year and a half the payments, cost of diesel and inconvenience of DEF lead my to trade it for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. It wasn't easy to let it go, but my new dream truck is a loaded Silverado EV, either a Trail Boss or RST most likely. We'll see what happens closer to launch.

I started a group on Facebook if you'd like to join. I plan to keep it updated with the latest Silverado EV info and hope to get some good discussion going. Silverado EV

Thanks!
Andrew Sommers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello all, Andrew from SE Colorado here. I recently moved to Granada, Colorado from Houston, which is a big change. There are currently no decent charging stations between Amarillo (4 hours away) and other parts of Colorado (at least 2.5 hours away), but I'm committed to getting a Silverado EV in 2025.

I rented a Tesla Model Y last year and while I was interested in EVs before that, it really made my mind up for me. It was a great experience, even having to stop and Supercharge on my road trip was fun. The Silverado promises 400 miles of range, which is my threshold for minimum range, as well as fast DC charging for my road trips. With the charging infrastructure coming around I think 2025 is the right time.

I used to be a GM-only kind of guy, even my used cars were all GM. That changed in 2016 when I bought my first Ford, a new F150 with the 2.7L EcoBoost. It was a fantastic truck, but I got into trouble financially and traded it for a 2018 Hyundai Sonata SE that was super cheap to lease. I really liked that little Sonata, but I was again able to get back into a truck in 2019 so I sold out the Sonata lease and got me a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. My first "Chrysler" product impressed me, especially the interior, so when used truck values started ballooning in 2020 I ordered my dream truck, another Ram, but this time a Longhorn EcoDiesel with 4WD, the off-road group and air suspension. This truck raised my expectations for what I wanted in my vehicles going forward. Unfortunately, after a year and a half the payments, cost of diesel and inconvenience of DEF lead my to trade it for a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid. It wasn't easy to let it go, but my new dream truck is a loaded Silverado EV, either a Trail Boss or RST most likely. We'll see what happens closer to launch.

I started a group on Facebook if you'd like to join. I plan to keep it updated with the latest Silverado EV info and hope to get some good discussion going. Silverado EV

Thanks!
Andrew Sommers
Welcome to the forum Andrew! Given your past with Fords did you consider getting a Lightning at all?

The forum also has a facebook group you should join.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Andrew! Given your past with Fords did you consider getting a Lightning at all?

The forum also has a facebook group you should join.

Thanks!

I really like the Lightning but I was concerned with the range. I never really considered it because of that, because 300-350 miles best case scenario isn't enough for me. Plus, it's priced a bit high with the larger battery, even in XLT trim. I'm hoping the Silverado EV can be had with the biggest battery and higher trim level for $70K-$80K or less.

I actually have already joined the group, but thanks for the heads up. I know there are a few other groups on Facebook but I just figured I'd start another one and see if we can get even more people on board with electric trucks and EVs in general. I'll be posting some more content soon.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Thanks!
Andrew Sommers
Do people normally just from different car manufacturers when they purchase vehicles? This is so weird to me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
First of all, I asked the question. But why? Tell me why you jump around from manufacturer to manufacturer?
I'm not. But I'm also not blindly tied into one brand. Why would I be tied into just one if that doesn't work for me and there are better options somewhere else?

Your blind commitment logic doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own. Glad to hear you found your niche. Just realize that not everybody is like you. They like to shop around for something that fits them best. You clearly don't like it, but oh well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm not. But I'm also not blindly tied into one brand. Why would I be tied into just one if that doesn't work for me and there are better options somewhere else?

Your blind commitment logic doesn't make sense to me, but to each their own. Glad to hear you found your niche. Just realize that not everybody is like you. They like to shop around for something that fits them best. You clearly don't like it, but oh well.
Do people switch religions every couple of years?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Comparing a corporation that manufactures a commodity to someone’s God certainly Jumps the shark for your trolling and arguments. GM might have been God to some in the 60’s, but if God put me through the hell of 80’s and 90’s GM I might consider Shinto. I myself have always been rather partial to British cars cars and motorcycles, never really did have a muscle car thing, but to each their own I understand why people like GM so much, the LS is a great motor, not Jesus but pretty good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Comparing a corporation that manufactures a commodity to someone’s God certainly Jumps the shark for your trolling and arguments. GM might have been God to some in the 60’s, but if God put me through the hell of 80’s and 90’s GM I might consider Shinto. I myself have always been rather partial to British cars cars and motorcycles, never really did have a muscle car thing, but to each their own I understand why people like GM so much, the LS is a great motor, not Jesus but pretty good.
Now you know why I don't believe in God

1 - 14 of 14 Posts