Silverado EV Forum banner

Disturbing reservation news

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jjmicon 
#1 ·
I fully watched the Silverado EV launch last Jan 5th specifically to make sure I was one of the first reservation holders. Following that I routinely received news from Chevrolet related to the Silverado and other EV launches and offerings.
I put my info in the tracker on this website minus a reservation number knowing that orders could be a year or two out. Yesterday Jan 17, 2023 I decided that I would call and obtain my reservation numbers (2). One completed via the website and the other placed directly with my local dealer. What I learned during that call is that I officially have ZERO reservations! Chevrolet can see my application for the online application but it was rejected for reasons that they could not explain. The dealer reservation does not even show up in the database.
The announcement, launch, promotion and production of this truck has become a joke. It is incomprehensible to me how one of the largest manufacturers in the world can mishandle a product launch to this degree. I still intend to purchase an EV truck in the future and it may be a Chevrolet. However this lifetime GM buyer will consider every option.

#5 ·
Look at the rate Cadillac LYRIQs began manufacturing in 2022 vs actual deliveries that cleared PDI now in 2023. One of the world's largest manufacturers is staying on-brand by over-promising and under-delivering. To expect otherwise would be like expecting the Sun to rise in the West.

Even if your Silverado were somehow getting assembled in 2023, you're not seeing it in your driveway/garage until 2025 or 2026. I think if you accept a more realistic timeline and total cash required to purchase, you'll feel better about the outcome.

#7 ·
Given that OEM car manufacturers have complete control over what and when is built and delivered and then add a dealerships self centered propensity it seems to me that reservations are of very little value to the customer. There value is to the car manufacturers as they provide marketing information. Hence the tiny fully refundable $100.00.

I am pretty sure RAM and Toyota will not use the reservation game and follow Volvo, Kia, VW lead and just start shipped to dealerships.

#9 ·
I fully watched the Silverado EV launch last Jan 5th specifically to make sure I was one of the first reservation holders. Following that I routinely received news from Chevrolet related to the Silverado and other EV launches and offerings.
I put my info in the tracker on this website minus a reservation number knowing that orders could be a year or two out. Yesterday Jan 17, 2023 I decided that I would call and obtain my reservation numbers (2). One completed via the website and the other placed directly with my local dealer. What I learned during that call is that I officially have ZERO reservations! Chevrolet can see my application for the online application but it was rejected for reasons that they could not explain. The dealer reservation does not even show up in the database.
The announcement, launch, promotion and production of this truck has become a joke. It is incomprehensible to me how one of the largest manufacturers in the world can mishandle a product launch to this degree. I still intend to purchase an EV truck in the future and it may be a Chevrolet. However this lifetime GM buyer will consider every option.
Poo

#11 ·
If you might have transferred your reservation to another dealership since your original reservation, Chevy will have issued you a new reservation number, while holding your original place in line. Call 1-833-382-4389 and Chevy will send you a new welcome email with your new reservation ID number. They will confirm that any reservation not made in the very early days (hours) is not likely to be filled prior to mid 2024, with a 2025 model. Of course, that will depend upon how many reservations actually turn into purchases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.