Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you all try your hand at detailing? It’s been very educational for me, hard to do well. I’m always up for learning new tips and tricks, we have hard water which is a challenge for me. The wife’s car has all the black accents and roof like the Silverado RST, what a pain, I’ve never had black before. I’m scared to take my VFR1200 out in the rain because it’s so hard to keep the black looking nice. I’ve gained a lot of respect for detailers, the skill involved, time and the resulting costs. Although we have some fantastic products to use these days and YouTube is like Detailer university.

· Registered
198 Posts
I think theres an approach that works for like 80% sufficient detailing. But there will be those try hards shooting for 100% concours d'elegance levels of show-car awesome… which requires a much different approach.

My 80% lame-o method is… (by the way my links are not endorsements for the products, I just am linking whatever shows up on google)

Strip wash/clay bar.

If necessary, orbital polisher plus some nice pads/compound to get rid of water marks or mild paint correction.

Apply some simple ceramic coating (I suck so I use Avalon King, but that Project Farm guy in YouTube has a good video on options)

Somewhat frequent washes with the 2-bucket method using optimum no-rinse and microfiber cloths.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts