Silverado EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The full list of specs aren't out yet for the Silverado EV but here's what I've found that we should expect from Chevy.

• Range: Over 400 miles
  • Battery: GM's Ultium battery technology
  • Battery Size: Ultium batteries can range from 50 kWh to 200 kWh
  • Powertrain: Similar to the Hummer EV (one, two, or three-motor options)
  • Drivetrain: All-wheel drive

What specs do you want to see the Silverado EV come with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Silverado electric specs could overlap with the Hummer EV to some extent. But that 400-miles of range figure will likely come from a battery pack over 200 kWh. It's actually what GM has planned for the Hummer. I think something close to 250 kWh would be ideal so it can still be a very capable pickup.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silverado electric specs could overlap with the Hummer EV to some extent. But that 400-miles of range figure will likely come from a battery pack over 200 kWh. It's actually what GM has planned for the Hummer. I think something close to 250 kWh would be ideal so it can still be a very capable pickup.
View attachment 23
I can't imagine how much a 250 kWh battery would weigh on either the Silverado or Hummer. At some point you wonder how big is too big for a EV battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am hoping that the Silverado electric will have the emergency back up battery option (ala Tesla Power Wall) feature like the F-150 Lightning. That is the best feature about that truck and is super useful. If Chevy can get a 300 mile range Silverado with a power wall like feature for around $50k, it will have a home run! The Lightning offers this with an XLT package for $60k, but nothing less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts