Silverado EV Forum banner

Are you intending on taking delivery of the Silverado EV?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Likely

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Not likely

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.7%

Are you one of the 20%?

2232 Views 31 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  ianlindvig
Back in June of 2022, market research firm Recurrent Auto conducted a study and published a report that said that only 20% of Silverado EV reservation holders are actually intending on taking delivery of a Silverado EV.

Are you intending on taking delivery of the Silverado EV? Please cast your vote.
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
I wish I could say I was super excited about it, definitely going to order, etc. But honestly the market has moved massively since this was teased, and the competition is pretty strong. Lightning is going to have quite a bit of inventory on lots, heck even used Rivians should be coming down in price by the time the Silverado actually ships anything but the RST to non-fleet people.

Whether I actually order a 'rado depends on a lot of how high up the pricing ladder they put the midgate feature. That and the Ultium replace / upgrade battery modules are the only standout features on this thing. Other than that, I suspect the CT will have it beat on the important features/price ratio.
It largely depends on pricing & features (or lack thereof) of the base WT versus what is out there (new or used) for comparable money. Of course a recession, interest rates and tightening of lending will factor into any spending decision, especially on a depreciating asset.
I am ready to buy another EV (already have Chevy Bolt). But GM is doing such a lousy job getting significant info out (even to reservation holders), I'm wary of the prospects. I'd prefer a work truck with minimum of midgate and higher-range battery, but probably won't buy it if price is above rebate cutoff.

I assume there's a lot of work going on to actually build the truck, but what are folks in the sales department doing if they're not paying attention to this and like forums and pushing their bosses to get appropriate info out to interested reservation-holders???
I’m certainly well qualified, I loved my Escalade EXT, got my reservation in immediately, I own two EVs now with a solar system and need a truck again badly. However for over a year now I’ve only gotten bad news from GM and their attitude is making me feel like a sucker. If I can’t get a nicely equipped truck with a midgate for under 80k I’m out.
I reserved a bunch of em with the idea of getting whichever came first. The lightning I couldn’t get around the price increases with features disappearing, so I didn’t go with that one. I do still have a reservation with rivian as well. Looks wise I like the look of the Silverado. The uniqueness of the rivian. And I really like the ram. But I think rivian will be first to be able to get me one.
I plan to take mine when it comes. I was just invited to order the Lightning, but passed. It killed me to do it, but the charging speed and range are low (I could live with one or the other, not both). I was also waiting to reserve a Ram REV but they sent me so many hype emails I didn’t notice when they finally alerted me that reservations were open and I missed it.

I see the Silverado EV as a solid in between option. All around great option, maybe not as good as some that will come later but I don’t want to wait until 2025 or 2026 to get it.
Reactions: 2
I plan to take mine when it comes. I was just invited to order the Lightning, but passed. It killed me to do it, but the charging speed and range are low (I could live with one or the other, not both). I was also waiting to reserve a Ram REV but they sent me so many hype emails I didn’t notice when they finally alerted me that reservations were open and I missed it.

I see the Silverado EV as a solid in between option. All around great option, maybe not as good as some that will come later but I don’t want to wait until 2025 or 2026 to get it.
Welcome to the forum @PedalingHertz! Are you keeping an eye on any other EVs or are you set on the Silverado now?
Wow, trying to get $ back from these EV "deposits" is a gigantic PITA. The dealers don't have a good mechanism to access the data for the initial payments to hold a place in line. And even if they can access the data, they claim to have no access to the funds to do a chargeback to the original payment method. The corporate entities insist the cancellations have to go through the selected dealer.

I'm trying to cancel pre-orders with GM, Volvo, Rivian, and Lucid... Rivian + Lucid were easy enough since they're direct-to-consumer and have no middle-person to contend with. The GM/Volvo track is absurdly complex and nobody knows how to get the funds refunded. The internet sales managers don't seem to have the authority to issue the chargeback, and they don't have an easy path to finding the person(s) with the authority to do so.

Talk about a waste of time and energy.
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
That’s good to know. Maybe I’ll start trying now 🤣 since fords were easy enough to come by without a reservation.
Welcome to the forum @PedalingHertz! Are you keeping an eye on any other EVs or are you set on the Silverado now?
I think now I’m set on the Silverado. Best combination of features and likelihood of getting it in the next 1-2 years.
I've come to think of the Silverado EV as just an over-size yuppie-mobile status-symbol.

I could change my mind when it actually comes out, but right now I'll say that I'm taking a pass
Thank you everyone for participating in the pole. I'm curious if you will make the decision to take delivery or pass on the truck before you are called in to customize. Or will you wait till the car is ready for pickup. I should have made this an option in the poll.
I'll make the decision once I get to see them on the road, maybe get to drive one, and see how the prices are going.
It's kind of like a bait and switch,. They give one price at reservation then increase the price at time of sale.
I was excited to reserve a spot but I'm having second thoughts. I was a owner of the Avalanche and I love my truck they stopped making them and the Silverado EV was close resemblance of it.
. HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS
It's kind of like a bait and switch,. They give one price at reservation then increase the price at time of sale.
I was excited to reserve a spot but I'm having second thoughts. I was a owner of the Avalanche and I love my truck they stopped making them and the Silverado EV was close resemblance of it.
. HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

You want to see the real bait and switch? Try to cancel your reservation and get a refund. I've been trying for almost 2 weeks and I don't think I'm ever seeing my $100 again. There simply isn't anyone that takes responsibility for finding proof of the $100 payment and executing a refund of the $100.

Already filed a claim with the FTC and local attorney general. This type of behavior from GM and the other "dealer-model" OEMs straight up violates 16 C.F.R. Part 702. They need to start facing some penalties/fines for taking people's money and making it impossible to get it back through normal means.

I'm sure people are like "but it's only $100". If you're thinking this... please PM me so I can ask you to give me $100 over Venmo or PayPal.
. HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS
I’m an Avalanche owner still. I have less than 150,000 miles on my 2005 and hopefully it won’t be much more that when I get my Silverado.
I'm excited about the truck, but the news about Carplay/Auto, rumors of monthly subscription fees and now talk of $10k+ price hikes??? I'm losing faith quickly.
I'm excited about the truck, but the news about Carplay/Auto, rumors of monthly subscription fees and now talk of $10k+ price hikes??? I'm losing faith quickly.
The CarPlay/Android Auto doesn't impact the 2024 Silverado EV. It'll impact other vehicles like the Blazer EV and Sierra EV.

Is there an actual price hike or is that just assumptions. I hear people referencing price increase but haven't seen any announcements around it. Someone please link me to an article if one exists. Thank you.
I agree. With the current market. If the price goes up, and the current interest rates i'll have to pass and just keep my 2500HD (which i got just before these mad price and interest hikes.)
1 - 20 of 32 Posts