Highway35.7 kWh/100 km58.0 kWh/100 miles
Combined33.2 kWh/100 km53.9 kWh/100 miles
Range724 km450 miles
Recharge Time (240V)12.7 hours12.7 hours
See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: 3
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
I’m excited that GM released some real and good news about this truck.

I think saying people are married to their phone apps is a gross understatement of the issue. People’s phones are the most personal and most used electronic they have, trying to devorce them from that is not only anti-consumer but clearly a playfor revenues. Which even though the 24 Silverado will still have CarPlay, by GM announcing all the revenues they expect from their cars without announcing any consumer benefitting products they made clear the relationship they have with Google being a paid one. So it’s not just divorcing people from their phones and apps of choice to make them pay for GM options, it’s made clear the people purchasing a GM and all their personal information is being sold to Google so they can be further marketed by Google. I consider that prospect to be very unattractive to me and most consumers. Not to mention android anything is always buggy and riddled with usability issues.
Reactions: 1
Assuming the same 212 usable kWh pack as the Hummer, that’s over 2.1 miles/kWh:)

Also, both Hummer SUT and Lyriq owners are now seeing real-world ranges well over EPA ranges in mixed highway/city/secondary road trips. This bodes well for future Silverado owners’ range concerns. Too bad so many may decide to pass on this amazing e- truck because they are married to their phone apps.
havent seen anything amazing yet, heck havent even seen one in person yet
i can only go by what i know
my volt had an epa rating 53 miles
from new it never got that and in the winter it was nearly half of that
maybe in the warmer states it reached that
for me it didnt matter, i had the ice to back it up and my driving got my battery usage to 80% overall
so unless gm has a better battery chemistry that doesnt lose capacity in cold weather or the battery heater
is better so it doesnt eat the battery power, and it maintains that rating at -30 then i too would be excited
but my past experiences say otherwise
i can only go by what i know
my volt had an epa rating 53 miles
from new it never got that and in the winter it was nearly half of that
maybe in the warmer states it reached that
for me it didnt matter, i had the ice to back it up and my driving got my battery usage to 80% overall
so unless gm has a better battery chemistry that doesnt lose capacity in cold weather or the battery heater
is better so it doesnt eat the battery power, and it maintains that rating at -30 then i too would be excited
but my past experiences say otherwise
Had a 2014 Volt, then 2017 Volt, and now a 2019 Volt. In winter in my 19 I get maybe 10 miles under EPA; in summer I routinely get 70+ miles out of the battery.
my 2017 volt is no different than my 2016
bet you dont drive in -30 weather
21 - 27 of 27 Posts